HELP! Both Raid Drives "not readable"

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,762
Like?
Re: HELP! Both Raid Drives "not readable"
In reply to Joe Tam, Apr 4, 2013

Joe Tam wrote:

I got back everything.  The only thing I lost was $108 on the Drivewarrior which was completely useless.  Data Rescue 3 was worth every penny.

DW and DR do different things and the what they do they do good. It's not an Apples to Apples comparison. In your case when the drive didn't mount properly DR is the tool. DW needs to be able to mount the drive (in my experience at least) and in those cases where Disk Utility can show incorrect file systems that it's can't fix DW is the tool I try first. I've have had a few of those situations where I recovered files and been able to repair the dis as well after having recovered the files. DR will not do the repair part, only the recover part.

Another personal favorite is Drive Genius from the makers of DR. It does some of the stuff that DW does, but again, a little differently.

Doug R wrote:

I'm sure the op thought he was backed-up with raid1, I made the same suggestion on Fredmiranda to him 2 days ago and he never responded. Hope going forward he realizes that raid is not a backup and  in the future uses a sensible backup strategy and dose not count on raid.  RAID OF ANY KIND IS NOT A BACK UP!

-- hide signature --

Doug

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow