XPro 1 - Are you keeping yours or planning on upgrading to another model?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
mjl699
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: XPro 1 - Are you keeping yours or planning on upgrading to another model?
In reply to Mike D, Apr 4, 2013

I agree with another poster that Fuji need to complete their promised lens lineup before coming out with a new X-Pro. I would upgrade for some combination of additional features and enhancements to existing features, such as those listed below. I won't be getting the XE1 as it lacks the optical viewfinder.

In any case the current XP1 is a stills enthusiast's dream. Handling is magic, great lenses, great images. I am sadly devoted to this thing and will happily follow the Fuji trail down any major upgrade of the XP1. I won't discard the current one if I do though - useful to have two ...

Jeremy.

Boring list of useful feature additions/enhancements:

• ISO dial instead of menu setting. PLEASE!
  • Split screen focussing for manual focus mode. (And/or focus peaking is possible.)
  • Better EVF (detail, colour, refresh rate). But don't get rid of the optical viewfinder. I use it all the time.
  • Significantly better overall performance, i.e. no combination of functions slows any part of the the camera down. Not an issue in use today, but not as optimised as my older Canon DSLR either.
  • Faster AF, without loss of the existing pinpoint accuracy.
  • AF for moving subjects (effective phase detect AF for motion perhaps).
  • Stickier exposure comp button.
  • Exposure comp working to adjust ISO target in M mode with Auto ISO.
  • Minimum shutter speed settings.
  • Better low light capability.
  • 2x pixel count (without loss of low light capability).
  • Built in ND filters for a wide range of sunlight conditions. (This may be a dream - but perhaps an electronic ND filter can be invented where the opacity of a thin sheet of material to all visible light can be uniformly adjusted according to the electric current from 1/1 to 1/64?)
  • Better way to adjust speed in 1/3 stops.
  • Improvements in framing accuracy and other usability features.
  • Would be nice to have a tighter aperture ring on some of the lenses (and a retrofit to mine if possible, I'd pay for that.)
  • I don't care about video.
-- hide signature --

mjl599

mjl699's gear list:mjl699's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow