Do you leave your A77 (or other SLT/SLR) behind when you go on holiday?

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,536Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't want a holiday without it! (nt)
In reply to 123Mike, Apr 4, 2013

123Mike wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Micro four thirds cameras and lenses tend to be my vacation choice due to the smaller size and lower weight of the cameras and lenses, with minimal, if any, compromise in IQ. Currently I use a GX1 and GH3 with a variety of Panasonic and Olympus lenses. The a77 and a57 I use on day trips and for serious work. I guess if I had the money for a "once in a lifetime" holiday then I might bring my Sony SLTs instead.

Sounds like you have a lot of money. That's multiple thousands of dollars worth of equipment you're describing. A57 *and* an A77? Why? GX1 *and* GH3? Lens collection in two brands? Why?

Mike, with all due respect, many use multiple systems - I'm sure plenty on this forum also run NEX as well. For what it's worth I tend to make thrifty used purchases much of the time and every now and then have a purge when I feel I have too many cameras in my 'collection'. Micro four thirds, Fuji or NEX all seem to make sense to me as a travel system when size and weight are often an issue, but when they are not I usually prefer DSLRs.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony RX100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow