Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ulric
Senior MemberPosts: 2,614Gear list
Like?
Re: jeez ok I will play
In reply to neil holmes, Apr 4, 2013

neil holmes wrote:

tko wrote:

There are two type of photographers in the world. Those that want good photos, and those that want equipment that weighs less.

So here's the challenge. Give me a compact system with a 24-105 range equivalent. Any number of lens. Of equal or better speed, which means around F2.0 to F2.8. Add up the weight and see what you get. No one will ever respond to this.

It doesn't really matter if M43rd or whatever weighs a pound less. Because you can get a superzoom that weighs a pound less than that. And so on and so on. The point is, if you let one or two pounds drive your hobby, it's no longer photography. It's backbacking.

Pentax Q with battery              200gm

kit zoom 27.5mm-83mm equiv   96gm   (not a constant 2.8 but ok 2.8-4.5

tele zoom  83-249mm equiv      88gm   this is a constant 2.8

throw in a 47mm equiv prime      37gm

thats a full kit for 421 gm

add a fast 50mm and you get a 280 mm fast tele prime that is pocketable (mine is 1.2...a lot heavier than most but still light, add a 85 1.2 for a 470mm 1.2 equiv...heavier again but a fraction of my 300 2.8 (and that 300 2.8 becomes a 1680mm 2.8 on the Q).

Its just fun.

I believe tko is not asking for 2.8 but 2.8 "equivalent", which is another thing entirely.

Here's another challenge. Give me a system with a range from moderate wide to moderate tele within a 710 gram budget. Oh, and it must be FF.

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow