Monitors viewing comfort : CCFL backlighting versus LED backlighting ?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
alpshiker
Regular MemberPosts: 262
Like?
Re: NEC Testimonials
In reply to BeachnCruz, Apr 4, 2013

alpshiker wrote:

NewsyL wrote:

TFT Central is about a week away from releasing their review. I get their Twitter feed and this is what they have said so far...

"Dell U3014 review sneak peek - light AG coating confirmed

The review has been released for days now. However, even if there seems to be not much to complain, I read not much to be overly enthusiastic about the Dell U3014 in that review either. The 2'500 Hz LED backlight is thought to be OK to many users, but is still addressed with a word of caution. The lack of reports from high end users who would be spending their days on that sort of screen, peaking at details in retouching photos, leaves me unconvinced. I would have loved the size versus a 27", the USB3 hub, as well as lower power consumption. But since I have no way of testing and returning an item if I'm not pleased, I will probably stay safe and buy the NEC PA271W. If the price step hadn't been that steep, the NEC 30" would have been perfect.

From what I could gather, the LCD viewable size of the PA271 is unfortunately no taller than my iMac 24" (about 327mm), but is much wider, which should help with managing the tool bars in both PS and LR.  Images in landscape mode will appear larger, but images in portrait mode will still be a little squeezed. There should be more details in them however due to the thinner screen pitch.   I have tested a dual monitor setting with an older Lacie 21" in upright position. I'm not sure it will match the PA271 well enough pitch-wise to be paired with it however (just thinking loud…)

Thanks for your thoughts so far!

Paul

(sorry for the numerous edit attempts – I don't like to post back in the older threads!)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow