Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
unknown member
(unknown member)
Re: Newcomer’s Observation
In reply to apaflo, Apr 4, 2013

apaflo wrote:

Si Gif wrote:

The xchange thread is a Forum within a Forum. There is no rule that has been cited that appears to Outlaw or even discourage that. There appears to be/have been more activity within the subForum than within the Forum. That may have offended someone’s sensibilities and/or sense of what is good for the site and/or is a threat to a sense of Order or Control or Authority. Or something else that I can’t name.

As headlined I am new here but I felt welcomed, perhaps undeservedly flattered and constructively and politely critiqued.

I realize the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution has no application here (not meant to be ironic, just a legal fact. . . there is no governmental action, this is private property/space) but I think we all can agree that its' spirit can be a guide.  Caution: I am not actually proposing a rule because I have no authority to do so. That said, its a good idea not to yell “Fire” in a crowded forum.

I don’t have a vote as this is not a Democracy, nor does it need to be. That said, if I did have a vote it would say do your thing Frank, and if someone doesn’t like it the ex-xchange it is just a thread not a forum. There is infinite space for other threads.

Your last paragraph is correct.  This is not a democracy, everyone is invited to "do your thing". and any thread here is just a thread, because all threads are created equal.

We should note also a couple of other things, first of which is that nobody has suggested that the typical threads Frank starts are inappropriate.  Any thread that in fact was inappropriate, and regardless of who started it, has been deleted and is not visible to members (deleted threads and articles are visible to the administrators and moderators).

A second point is that no thread is owned by anyone.  There can be no extra rules, nor are any forum rules suspended, due to any desire or action by a person who starts a thread.

What has been an issue is not a specific thread, but specific articles posted primarily in one thread.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow