Has your new Olympus 17mm f1.8 kicked your 20mm f1.7 to the kerb?

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TonyinJapan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053Gear list
Like?
Has your new Olympus 17mm f1.8 kicked your 20mm f1.7 to the kerb?
Apr 4, 2013

Just wondering despite all the negative publicity the Olympus 17mm f1.8 has received, if those who have actually purchased it and used it, if it has actually replaced your ‘legendary’ 20mm f1.7?

To me, the 20mm f1.7 was the defining lens that kicked-started the m43 era and has produced (albeit slowly) some of my best captures during the past few years. But lately, although I still use it for some specific shooting, has been replaced mainly by my 17mm f1.8.

No lens is perfect and the 20mm f1.7 has some great attributes such as compact size, fast and super-sharp (plus good value too), but the 17mm has other qualities too which makes it difficult to  take off my camera as my main ‘walk-around’ prime lens.

Just wondering, has your new Olympus 17mm f1.8 kicked your 20mm f1.7 to the kerb? Or did you send your 17mm back to keep your 20mm?

Regards,
Tony

TonyinJapan's gear list:TonyinJapan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus PEN E-P1 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow