Aperature or Lightroom?

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Questions thread
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
Re: Of course Aperture! n/t
In reply to MrScorpio, Apr 4, 2013

I'm a lurker on this forum and on Aperture until I get enough money to buy the new iMac. I read this thread in the morning and then swung by the new Apple Store in Santa Monica, California. That's where I'll buy my machine, and where I queried one of the sales reps about Aperture.

This guy was a pro photographer who graduated from the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara. He was solidly behind my notion of using PhotoMechanic to ingest and tag images and then progress to Aperture. I said (not really knowing what I am talking about) that I was scared by the learning curve in PhotoShop and though Aperture would satisfy my modest needs.

But now, three months after our initial conversation, Apple hasn't made any announcements. About upgraded versions or intentions of continued support.

Between LightRoom and Aperture, there isn't much of an upfront cost difference. But with Aperture, I would get free training and face-to-face help at the Apple Store. If Apple leaves the program with no improvements, will it serve me well for 2 or 3 more years?

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow