Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikkorforever
Senior MemberPosts: 1,643
Like?
Re: Fujifilm better than sony?
In reply to pevece, Apr 4, 2013

pevece wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

Body only XE1 is cheaper than Nex 7. Its same as Nex 6. Body + Lens kit is cheaper with Sony but Fuji 18-55 or Fuji 35mm lens kit are in another league to Sony 16-50. I don't mind Sony 16-50 but its no way a match for the Fuji Lens. Fuji has a lens roadmap for releases of about another 5 or 6 lenses coming out in 2013.

I have 3 Fuji lenses the 18-55 F2.8 oss zoom, the 35mm F1.4, the 14mm F2.8.

They are the best lenses in their class for each. Really superb.

I have XE1 and also Nex 6 I like them both. Fuji would be better overall jpeg straight out of the camera. Perhaps it is slightly better in high ISO low noise. Its way better for menus and physical controls except I prefer the physical mode dial on the Nex - I use that a lot and XE1 is bit less obvious how to change modes.

Both are great cameras. I would not want to miss out on my Fuji. I also like my Nex. Its a good problem to have!

Greg.

-have you verified AF tracking ,camera speed and all options available on NEX6, fuji E1 is very weak on these points.

-have you verified EVF's, NEX6 EVF gives higher quality image and less ghosting

-have you compared JPEG's in NEX6 standard or jpeg fine-mode

-have you compared real ISO or fuji's  ISO's, I measured a deviation of 1stop in high ISO area, in fact ISO 6400 on fuji corresponds with +/- 3200 ISO in real live

-have you compared RAW's (LR4 or capture one 7)

-did you check for color shifts

-did you use lenses of equal quality for your comparisons

-did you take into account image stabilisation of sony primes

-did you check video capabilities

-articulating LCD

etc etc;;

etc. etc

its more like 1/3 to 2/3 not full 1 stop

whats with the multiple question? what are you trying to do

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Reza

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow