Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: What's so special (if anything)?
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Apr 4, 2013

Sunshine_boy wrote:

alroot wrote:

Some pics of my last trip. All jpeg and A mode (some in Sr+)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84015432@N05/sets/72157633148640894/

Nice and interesting content but I honestly cannot see anything in them to justify the $600 price tag. I believe the same or better IQ can be achieved with cams of $400 or less eg G12/15, P7100/7700, LX5/7.

What is the wow factor or element of these images (always technically speaking) that makes the X20 so special worth 50% or more of the other models, including the X10?

Thanks for taking the trouble to post and show people real life samples of the new cam.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

While I do agree that it probably lacks the "wow" factor. They do show the general tonal and DR characteristics you would expect from a higher-end camera. As an LX7 owner, what I can tell you is what is not shown in these pictures, and that is the ability of the camera to resolve details in the shadows better than the cameras you mention (not sure on the P7700 nor the G15 since I have not had any experience with that particular model, but my argument my still be valid with those.).

Another thing is the camera's CA characteristics which slightly bests the LX7 and certainly the G12 and below. Although their CA are well controlled for most of these types of cameras that you can only notice them when you (ugh) pixel-peep.

Besides, IQ is not the only factor that determines a camera buy. You are right though, YMMV.

Appreciate the picture post.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow