Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,411
Like?
Re: The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II hand-held by the OP
In reply to FrankParis, Apr 3, 2013

FrankParis wrote:

Savas Kyprianides wrote:

FrankParis wrote:

Went out again today with the 75-300 II. I also brought three other lenses and I usually work all the lenses I have when I go to the arboretum but today I wanted to do my "bread and butter" with the 75-300, sort of what I bought the thing for. Here's the album:

Hoyt Arboretum, Flowering Trees in Spring

All images taken with the 75-300. My other three lenses just went to waste. But they were so light I didn't notice. Looks as if I'm not going to return this lens. I'm hooked!

Now I want to go outside and try hand-holding this lens, as a couple other posters in this thread said was possible with the E-M5. We'll see if it's possible for me to do it, all 71 years of my shaking body.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

Beautiful. It's a product of lens and photographer.

When you try handheld and at 71, we can understand a shake or two. I'm certain it will turn out very well.

Well, I ran my experiment. At ISO200, my pictures were blurry. Did a little better at ISO1000, but in any case, I had trouble composing the image and had to crop several of these. I think I'm going to stick with my tripod with this lens.  Here is the album, for what it is worth. The flowers are all from my front and backyard.

Yard flowers with Olympus 75-300 II, hand held

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

I think you're too hard on yourself. On screen most of them look pretty good, even at low shutter speed.

Without IBIS minimum shutter speed should be around 1/640 using the basic 1/length rule.

To be shooting at 1/50 or so and getting reasonable results is pretty awesome, imo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow