Photoshop upgrade no longer possible

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gene L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Cloud Renewal
In reply to kb2zuz, Apr 3, 2013

The rep on the phone told me that Adobe shuts it off if the renewal is withdrawn, so it shouldn't suddenly stop working because the Internet is down for a day. Because they automatically charge your credit card, they can assume that the renewal is perpetual. I wonder what happens when you forget to tell them the bank sent a new card and the old one is no longer valid?

Al likely scenario is to go on vacation where there will be no Internet access. Start the vacation a day before renewal and be gone 2-3 weeks. I wonder if Photoshop will time out after some grace period or if it will keep working as the rep suggested.

Doesn't matter to me. The whole cloud thing is just a way to squeeze more money out of  customers. The only customers who come out ahead, and not by all that much, are those who would normally update every new edition anyway. Those of us who would wait for that third new edition before updating would end up paying much more, which is what Adobe wants. I read this as greed, greed, and greed. Seems obvious.

Gene L.'s gear list:Gene L.'s gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 60Da Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow