Started Apr 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyroxene
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Olympus E-300 Best Macro equipment/results on a budget
Apr 3, 2013

I have the 3-300 w/ Zuiko 14-45 & 40-150 and want to know what the best budget Macro shooting scenario /  lens or tube .. My knowledge of macro lenses is minimal except that they are the more expensive route and I am dirt poor at the present so it appears that a tube/tubes are the path or least financial resistance.  I tried the cheap "Crystal Titanium" Super Wide Macro/Wide Angle and was rather disappointed by comparison to the Nikon 990 995. My experience with tubes is only from owning a Spotmatic years ago that had a set of ext.tubes.  I loved the shots I got with that camera which was why I bought the Nikon 900 series that I was very fond of as well.

My shooting is mostly nature but I do sell a lot on ebay and it is the selling that has prompted this search as I did not like the results I got with the Zuiko shooting some old phono cartridge/styli shots that I want to be crisp and sharp with a good depth of field.

What would I enter in a search via eBay or craigslist?  Do I just need to know the thread match up or do I need to buy a tube that is specific to my lens/camera for best results?  Even thought of going generic if the glass gave reasonable results.

Thanks in advance

PS I noticed that I could not tag my 14-45mm Zuiko as it was not listed.  Kinda strange as it is a very prevalent lens.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix 990 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-300 / EVOLT E-300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow