Pocket backup for my OMD EM-5

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do you need a "backup" camera....
In reply to Geekapoo, Apr 3, 2013

Tedolph,

I agree with you. The s95 is a pretty good P+S. Yes, there are better P+S available but in reality he should be packing 3 (the Oly, the s95 AND a camera phone). I only got rid of the s95 for better low light performance (XZ-1), was disappointed with the XZ-1 default NR and errrrrrrrr.....like my toys (hence the RX100).

The XZ1 I tried for a day and really disliked the camera (returned it next day) which is the opposite of the LX5 camera which I love and have now. Robin Wong tried the newer XZ2 camera extensively and these photos on his site (check his archives by camera model) these pics look significantly better than the ones I took with the XZ1 before I returned it. Upgrades are significant in that newer model, the XZ2.

Having a variable zoom in a very small advanced compact is a big plus over a prime for pocketability. Will work great in pubs in Ireland I would think. I take flashless photos indoors with my LX5 and they look very good! NR is not bad on the advanced LX cameras as lots of sharp detail in photos with fast f2 Leica lens in LX5 and f1.4 in LX7.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow