Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 13,957Gear list
Like?
Re: Unfortunately, David is rightN
In reply to RobertSigmund, Apr 3, 2013

RobertSigmund wrote:

David Hull wrote:

I guess that if there is any good thing that will come out of this, it will be that people like yourself will get an education WRT how licensing works. Your box of soap didn't come boxed with an EULA placing limits on what you could do with it, your box of Photoshop most definitely did and you agreed to it (whether you read it or not) by clicking on that “I Agree” button when you installed the program.  Next time, just don’t click that little button and see how far you get with your ownership argument.
-- hide signature --

I am so glad to have all these experts of the law of contract in this forum. Now if you could show me a Bundesgerichtshof judgement confirming your opinion, it would be even more convincing. 

Ever heard about the Emperor's new clothes?

No need for anyone to be an expert in law...here's a link to the EULA for Adobe's license for Photoshop CS6.  Specifically, section 3 spells out who owns the software:

3. Intellectual Property Ownership.

The Software and any authorized copies that Customer makes are the intellectual property of and are owned by Adobe Systems Incorporated and its suppliers. The structure, organization, and source code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of Adobe Systems Incorporated and its suppliers. The Software is protected by law, including but not limited to the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and by international treaty provisions. Except as expressly stated herein, this agreement does not grant Customer any intellectual property rights in the Software. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Adobe and its suppliers.

It's spelled out in black & white as to ownership.  If you can't agree that you don't actually own the software, then you shouldn't purchase it.

Mark B.'s gear list:Mark B.'s gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow