ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jermdawg
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
D200 -> MFT? Should I do it?!
Apr 3, 2013

Hey guys,

So I have an 'ancient' Nikon D200 and a few lenses that I enjoy using (when I do shoot). In fact, I brought my rig with me to Europe a few weeks back and I'd say it was somewhat worth it. But I soon realized, after an aching back, that it really would have been nice not having to lug all that equipment around (D200 body, Tokina 11-16mm, Tamron 17-50mm, and Sigma 50-150).

I've seen MFTs around and had it in the back of my head, but never really looked into them a whole lot. I know they're still relatively new but at least 3-4 generations in now right?

Dumping the Nikon rig would be a pretty huge move in favor of going to MFT. I'm wondering if I should go this route, and if so, what MFTs are most highly regarded? I've heard great things about the Panasonic GF1 and Olympus EP2, but those are older and I'm sure there are newer ones that are the latest and greatest.

When I do shoot, which is hardly these days, I enjoy general street-shooting (not necessarily of people), landscapes, and some still/slow-life. Every now and then, if I have the opportunity to attend a sporting event (and if I'm up for it), I might be inclined to bring along the DSLR. However, I'd say the amount of lugging around is probably what keeps me from using the camera as much as I'd like or want to.

Any suggestions/recommendations as to the MFT systems out there that might be worth looking more into?

TIA!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Olympus PEN E-P2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow