Lens for Museum(s)

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
1drey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165Gear list
Like?
Re: Ugolino and His Sons
In reply to PLSrnr, Apr 3, 2013

I find X10/X20's zoom range close to the ideal. Of course we always moan about 'slightly wider' or 'a bil longer' range or a bit bigger sensor... But being realistic - X10's lens covers almost 99% of situations (don't forget about it's great macro!).

About X10/X20 dilemma. I was going to upgrade from my X10 to X20, but after getting some unplaned $$ desided to get XE1 instead. If I would by my compact camera now, it wouyld be X20 - viewfinder and better AF makes the choise easy for me.  anYWAY, x10 is still  great compact. And prices are down now!

Also - keep in mind the way you are going to use your photographs. Are you goping to print them really LARGE? Do you plan to sell your images through the stock? Probably you will display them only on iPad? 
Good 12Mp file from X10 can be printed 16"x19" easily. Shot mad with X10 in dim light... probably A4 - more than adequate for the vacation pics. Better spend few hundreds for printing and framing - my advice!

-- hide signature --

Moscow VR blog - http://1drey.wordpress.com

1drey's gear list:1drey's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow