D7000 quality problem. I'm about to switch back to Canon!

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,769Gear list
Like?
Re: I have some answers
In reply to SelimTheDream, Apr 3, 2013

SelimTheDream wrote:

In the end it came down to what you have said my friend.

I was able to sell my camera for $150 less than what I bought it for.  Considering I lost the lens hood, lens cap and have taken over 12k pictures with it I considered it a fair trade.  Now I will be looking into buying a Canon camera since I was happy with it.  This thread really reminded me of a phrase I heard while watching "Rurouni Kenshin".  "Do not fix what is not broken".  I tried to do it, I changed my camera even though I was very happy with it.  Now at the cost of losing some cash I am changing back.

I can already imagine comments calling me a troll.  Whatever you think is up to you.

I only feel bad about those of you trying to help.  I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Actually, in every image with the Nikon D7000, the focus was not optimal which indicates that the camera simply needs servicing or at least testing with a different lens for front/back focus, etc. The D7000 is an "excellent" instrument. It has a better autofocus system than the Canon 60D, it's a better built body and overall a superior instrument, but it "has" to be working correctly. Yours was not quite on. Even the gull image, when tested for optimal focus with Focus Magic reveals out of focus by more than normal which is not more than two pixels.

You should get whatever you will be happy with, but the issue really is that your particular D7000 was not optimal for focus with lens(es) you were using.

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow