Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
Re: Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)
In reply to zenpmd, Apr 3, 2013

I have both lenses, and like them a lot. Don't be put off by CA: it is very easily removed in PP (LightRoom can be set up to do it automatically) and frankly if you're shooting JPEGs you might as well stick with the kit zoom.

While I can see there's a temptation to wait and see what Olympus comes up with, there is at this stage no suggestion they will produce a matched pair of fast zooms, just a 12-40. So you'd probably end up buying the 35-100. And personally I prefer matching gear - there's a benefit to noting that both zooms use the same sized filters, have similarly weighted controls etc.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow