A few words on Equivalence and comparing systems

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 22,657
Like?
Re: The role of ISO
In reply to Dr_Jon, Apr 3, 2013

Dr_Jon wrote:

I'm sorry, my whole point was when I'm using camera A I really don't give a toss how it might relate to camera B which I'm not using and so I don't care about equivalence in that sense, I just want to get the best picture I can with that camera.

I concur.

In other words I was suggesting it really isn't relevant all that much in the real World but just something people seem to like to debate, at length.

Equivalence has relevance when comparing systems, not when using any particular system.

Oh and I'm quite happy using A or M modes for almost all my photography thank you all the same, plus quite happy to put my technical knowledge up against yours any day (which I wouldn't usually mention, but as you took my comment as meaning something quite different to what I intended I thought I'd throw it in).

I'm not sure where this is coming from.  Can you link and quote the post of mine that provoked the above comments?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow