Prints on glossy paper turn out slightly dark

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Questions thread
FranKois
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Re: Prints on glossy paper turn out slightly dark
In reply to francesco from rome, Apr 3, 2013

Francesco,

Having a look on the forum about printing from LR, I found yr post.

I hope, you have settled the matter in the mean time. I just wanted to tell you that the use of colormonki photo has changed totally my life: not any more printing test are necessary.

CM procedure includes to steps: monitor calibration, then the program send a color sample to the printer that will print on a defined paper and finally, with the spectrophotometer, the print is analyzed and compared to the color sample.

In other words for each type of paper you will have a printer profile available.

In addition, selecting a specific picture, the printer profile may be refined according to the colour palette contained in the picture.

Then, when printing from PS or LR you have to select the printer profile corresponding to the paper you are going to use.

At the end of the day, you will be refounded from the 300,00 EUR of the colourmonki  by saving on paper time and mood

By the way, before using colormunki, I noticed that the prediction of the coloured print was better using on PS the command print with preview respect to proof setup.

It tooks me so long time to solve all this matter, then if you think I couls help you do not hesitate...

Francois Cesena (FC)

FranKois's gear list:FranKois's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow