Biggs23
Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,572Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor Size & Versatility
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 3, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

So you don't believe it's relevant to talk about one's experience? So why then do you talk about your experience studying the development of the NEX system? A person's experience in something is an important way to evaluate the quality of information being provided.

Your arguments should be a reflection of your experience. It is why I'd asked you to post action/sports shots for a specific condition earlier, since you were arguing about it.But you returned with an excuse that you don't do that, even with DSLR.

Could you quote where I was arguing about sports photography?

You also took offense to use of word "job"

I did? Could you quote that, too?

I'm not avoiding that argument, I'm saying it's foolhardy. We're talking about what's most versatile, not whether an APS-C NEX is more versatile than an APS-C dSLR. That's the argument YOU keep repeating ad nauseum but isn't really relevant to the discussion of overall versatility.

Correct, we ARE talking about versatility. And if I haven't made it clear in nearly half dozen posts, let me try again: my pick would be a NEX-6 today, simply because it is capable of being the Jack of All Trades but master of none.

I understood that long ago. Just as my position seems like it should be clear too. I'd choose a D4 because it is capable of being an even better jack of all trades and master of a few as well!

I won't be surprised if you would. But then, since you may never take it to places I take my camera, it is logical to assume you may never encounter a variety of situations where it will be nothing but a nuisance.

Possible, who knows? That doesn't change the fact that it's more versatile on the whole though.

About your inability to use NEX system for action/sports.

Where in this thread did I ever make such an argument?

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow