Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
22codfish
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
April Fooled
Apr 3, 2013

I'm an amateur photographer who had a missed opportunity this week.  I was told that a crested caracara was spotted outside Dartmouth, near Lawrencetown Beach. The national bird of Mexico came north to a cold marsh area of melting ice.   This, when every living creature would like to finish the winter in warm Mexico.

Obviously, I was supposed to drive 12 miles and tramp around in the cold rain, so someone could later shout at me "April Fool !"    Naturally, I did not bite.  Except later, the next day, the April 2, 2013  edition of the local paper had a front page photo (not mine) and story about the wayward bird. The first one ever spotted in Nova Scotia.

For all I know, the stupid bird is going to Newfoundland or is headed back home through New England.  If you're interested, Google a birding group, in case the caracara is headed your way.

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow