Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,844Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-7 vs EM5 Shutter Speed comparision at ISO 200
In reply to kenw, Apr 3, 2013

kenw wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

...both at f/2.8 70mm Nex-7 faster and "brighter" 1/40 Nex-7 vs 1/30 EM5 shutter...oh yea I could have made that stick easily... ;-)...lol...

you actually had no clue nor did Manjour...and still don't as the adjusted shutter to equalize brightness would have been 1/50 for Nex-7 and 1/30 for EM5 more than likely...lol..Nex-7 almost DOUBLE the shutter speed of the EM5 with 70mm f/2.8...you guys actually think I am as dumb as you look?...lol...

I guess I thankfully missed whatever earlier discussion has provoked such diatribe...

Anyway, I'm not seeing what you do.  Or more specifically not measuring what you claim.  ISO is based on JPEG middle grey at 119,119,119.  The closest uniform patch to that value not affected by glare is the white portion of the bill directly above the "E" in "ONE".

On the E-M5 shot that patch measures a mean of 139.7.  On the NEX it is 132.5.  So if anything the NEX is slightly darker, not brighter as you claim.

The difference in camera exposure is 1/3 EV, the minimum step between exposures.

How exactly do you get "almost DOUBLE" from that?  Near as I can tell they are identical to within measurement error.  What am I missing here

A "lot"...

The brightness or lightness if you will is very evident on the Nex-7 shot at 1/40 of a second...the EM5 shot is darker at 1/30...easily the Nex-7 could have went to 1/50 of a second is still have been just as equal in brightness as the EM5 "easily"...lol...you gents can pi$$ on my leg, but please don't try an tell me it is rain...lol...I ain't blind yet...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow