Forum ProPosts: 10,365
Like?
Re: Nex-7 vs EM5 Shutter Speed comparision at ISO 200
In reply to Anders W, Apr 3, 2013

Anders W wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

I kept wondering why the EM5 had slower shutter speeds than normal, so I jumped on the band wagon that Olympus was cheating at stated ISO's...so after arguing the point back and forth I decided to get a 70mm f/2.8 Sigma Lens that was the foundation for several disputed errors in shutter speeds from Image Resource samples...

I bought the Nex E mount to A Mount Adapter and a M43 to A Mount adapter and a Sigma 70mm A Mount to cut to the chase...heres the informal findings shooting indoors due to rain, bad weather..all originals are HERE

This really didn't help me as I like to shoot birds and wildlife, so not satisfied with the results, I wanted to prove to myself that the EM5 was indeed consistent with other cameras with shutter speeds utilising the 100-300, my biggest concern of all...so the bottom two photos were taken with Nex-7 55-210 at 210mm (315mm EFL) and EM5 100-300 at 150mm (300mm EFL) both at f/6.3 which is the largest aperture on the Sony E Mount 55-210 at 210mm...I was surprised that not only did the EM5 consistently shoot with the same shutter speed, the details speak for themselves...my wife loves the 55-210 and it stays in her bag, never to be touched by me, I know better (It's a piece of Sony $hite)

Thanks for the report. Good to see that the "slow E-M5 shutter" you were talking about didn't materialize. A few of us tried ... ahem ... to tell you it wouldn't.

-- hide signature --

Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Figured you would be smart enough to look at the first two photos...ahem...guess not... ;-)...

Oh. I did. The E-M5 shots are both brighter, particularly in the last pair. So that reinforces my point. Seems you weren't smart enough to really look at your images before posting them.

Time for new glasses Anders...lol...you musta not opened he originals...lol...clueless as ever Bro...

Let me post some crops of the same two to see which is brighter...it sure ain't you...lol..maybe yellower..lol..not brighter the Nex-7 shot is definitely brighter allowing for even more shutter speed...

...both at f/2.8 70mm Nex-7 faster and "brighter" 1/40 Nex-7 vs 1/30 EM5 shutter...oh yea I could have made that stick easily... ;-)...lol...

you actually had no clue nor did Manjour...and still don't as the adjusted shutter to equalize brightness would have been 1/50 for Nex-7 and 1/30 for EM5 more than likely...lol..Nex-7 almost DOUBLE the shutter speed of the EM5 with 70mm f/2.8...you guys actually think I am as dumb as you look?...lol...

BUT the main concern was for Birding and Wildlife and I got to the bottom of it...still need to do some more testing against G3 as well...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow