Like?
Re: Sensor Size & Versatility
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 3, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Well, just keep repeating that we should be comparing NEX with APS-C sensors to DSLRs with FF sensor, as they are comparable, and you will be doing your job.

My job is using the cameras, not discussing them. I'm typing now as a hobby, not a job.

Perhaps it is "English" that is getting in the way. Don't worry about your real job. We're discussing photography in a photography forum.

My real job is photography, seems relevant.

Figure out first whether you would like to discuss that as well. Personally, I'm not interested in it. Make your points as a contributor to a discussion forum on photography.

So you don't believe it's relevant to talk about one's experience? So why then do you talk about your experience studying the development of the NEX system? A person's experience in something is an important way to evaluate the quality of information being provided.

I'm not avoiding that argument, I'm saying it's foolhardy. We're talking about what's most versatile, not whether an APS-C NEX is more versatile than an APS-C dSLR. That's the argument YOU keep repeating ad nauseum but isn't really relevant to the discussion of overall versatility.

Correct, we ARE talking about versatility. And if I haven't made it clear in nearly half dozen posts, let me try again: my pick would be a NEX-6 today, simply because it is capable of being the Jack of All Trades but master of none.

I understood that long ago. Just as my position seems like it should be clear too. I'd choose a D4 because it is capable of being an even better jack of all trades and master of a few as well!

I don't shoot sports, dSLR or otherwise.

It only makes your previous argument meaningless.

My previous argument about what, exactly?

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow