Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Geekapoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
Re: backup for my OMD EM-5..own XZ-1, s95, GF3, G3 and RX100
In reply to daveco2, Apr 3, 2013

daveco2 wrote:

Geekapoo wrote:

Love my OM-D. Have owned a Canon s95, Oly XZ-1 and have a GF3 and RX100 now. The RX100 is a phenom camera....what OM-D is to m43, the RX100 is to P+S, a whole different league vs. the other P+S available....a truely wonderful, remarkable camera. HIGHLY recommend!

Geekapoo

Wish I hadn't read this.  That gnawing "gotta have" feeling has started once again.

Dave

Sorry! Maybe I should point out that I'm particularly fond of low light photography and hate using a flash). If taking pics in good light, the s95 is very good (with good form factor). I did like the UI of the XZ-1 but did not like the default NR (which could not be changed). The s95 should be cheap. Maybe you should consider the LX5 or LX7 as well. I did pick my RX100 up for $600 ~6 months ago. I assume it's mid $500 now? If you can afford it, the RX100 is very special....a real keeper. I should mention that I've also got a Sony HX200V as well. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Sony but do not really care for the NEX series of cameras.

Geekapoo

Geekapoo's gear list:Geekapoo's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Fujifilm FinePix 4700 Zoom Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow