Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,448
Like?
Re: Nex-7 vs EM5 Shutter Speed comparision at ISO 200
In reply to Anders W, Apr 3, 2013

Anders W wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

I kept wondering why the EM5 had slower shutter speeds than normal, so I jumped on the band wagon that Olympus was cheating at stated ISO's...so after arguing the point back and forth I decided to get a 70mm f/2.8 Sigma Lens that was the foundation for several disputed errors in shutter speeds from Image Resource samples...

I bought the Nex E mount to A Mount Adapter and a M43 to A Mount adapter and a Sigma 70mm A Mount to cut to the chase...heres the informal findings shooting indoors due to rain, bad weather..all originals are HERE

This really didn't help me as I like to shoot birds and wildlife, so not satisfied with the results, I wanted to prove to myself that the EM5 was indeed consistent with other cameras with shutter speeds utilising the 100-300, my biggest concern of all...so the bottom two photos were taken with Nex-7 55-210 at 210mm (315mm EFL) and EM5 100-300 at 150mm (300mm EFL) both at f/6.3 which is the largest aperture on the Sony E Mount 55-210 at 210mm...I was surprised that not only did the EM5 consistently shoot with the same shutter speed, the details speak for themselves...my wife loves the 55-210 and it stays in her bag, never to be touched by me, I know better (It's a piece of Sony $hite)

Thanks for the report. Good to see that the "slow E-M5 shutter" you were talking about didn't materialize. A few of us tried ... ahem ... to tell you it wouldn't.

-- hide signature --

Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Figured you would be smart enough to look at the first two photos...ahem...guess not... ;-)...

...both at f/2.8 70mm Nex-7 faster and "brighter" 1/40 Nex-7 vs 1/30 EM5 shutter...oh yea I could have made that stick easily... ;-)...lol...

you actually had no clue nor did Manjour...and still don't as the adjusted shutter to equalize brightness would have been 1/50 for Nex-7 and 1/30 for EM5 more than likely...lol..Nex-7 almost DOUBLE the shutter speed of the EM5 with 70mm f/2.8...you guys actually think I am as dumb as you look?...lol...

BUT the main concern was for Birding and Wildlife and I got to the bottom of it...still need to do some more testing against G3 as well...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow