Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,381Gear list
Like?
Re: Sensor Size & Versatility
In reply to 69chevy, Apr 3, 2013

69chevy wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

I was using a 200mm f/2.8 in most of the shots I posted earlier. You'd need a 300mm lens on FF for that..

Which would have given a better results.

No contest there: Option A. Chances are, I wouldn't have been allowed inside the arena lugging a 300mm f/2.8 lens and a FF body, with a monopod/tripod without media credentials. And even if I were, I would have been an utter nuisance to people sitting behind me, having to lift the bulky set up to my eyes and blocking their view. And, that is also assuming I would be okay lugging around 300mm f/4 (compromising a stop to save on weight and cost), weighing 5 lb (300mm f/2.8 would be nearly 8 lb), compared to a shade under 3 lb.

Higher contrast, sharper images, with more isolation from the busy backgrounds. You know, the reason pro sports shooters carry around these huge primes.

The 200mm f/2.8 is a FF lens. However, on APS-C, the lens actually offers a shallower DoF than it would on FF. And most media photographers would be sitting on the side lines with wide angle to tele (really 200mm equivalent) for most part.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow