D7000 with kit lens (or) 60D with 17-55mm f/2.8

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,629Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 with kit lens (or) 60D with 17-55mm f/2.8
In reply to photodi, Apr 3, 2013

photodi wrote:

Thanks all for the useful inputs, I just found out the prices today and the 60D with 17-55mm, f2.8 , seems to be far costlier than the D7000 with Kit lens. So am thinking that D7000 with Kit would be a better option.

What about for video , would the difference be minimum between the two combinations ?

Are the nikon lenses much more costly than the canon ones ?

The kit lens for the D7000 is actually a "very" good lens in my experience. As for video, the D60 probably is slightly better, but the D7000 has better dynamic range, better high ISO capability and in my experience using both cameras, is the better instrument. My best friend has a D60 and I have a D7000 and we shoot together frequently. There is a basic difference in the "default" image appearance. The Canon generally has "warmer" color tones by default. Both are excellent cameras but the Nikon has more reliable and faster autofocus in my experience and is the better built of the two cameras. You probably would not be disappointed with either.

As for lens costs, there is relatively no difference. The MSRP for each is much higher than the street prices which are very competitive. Also there are excellent alternatives for each such as some of the dynamite new Sigma lenses which work perfectly with either.

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow