Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

I didn't pick his lenses. He picked his own, to advertise what he fits in a "small waist" belt. I picked mine, for focal lengths, I would normally carry which generally is about small, fast primes. If you want to take up the challenge, what kind of weight and size are you looking at with lenses to match the FoV I mentioned with a FF body?

Who cares about weight? I thought we were originally talking about image versatility?

Versatility of anything isn't about considering a select piece of the entire makeup. It is something's ability to adapt easily to several different situations.

Exactly, making my original (from the first thread) argument even stronger.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Not really. Because your argument was one-dimensional whereas versatility is about being multi-dimensional. And generally speaking, Jack of all trades and master of none is better representative of versatility.

My argument is one dimensional in the sense that I'm only referring to image versatility. That said, it's really the only criteria that matters for a photographer, right?

No. The primary criteria to a photographer is to be able to take photographs, under a variety of conditions, some permitting, some not so much. Maximizing IQ is a goal, but you need to be able to take photographs to achieve that goal.

Right, and the camera type that's most able to take photo in the widest variety of conditions is a FF system. Hot, cold, wet, dry, bright light, low light, fast action, complete stillness, controlled lighting, natural lighting, indoors, outdoors, etc.

Not really. If that were true, FF owners wouldn't be looking into additional cameras. Do they not? For that matter, if I had taken the typical FF DSLR to an NBA game with a fast 300mm, I would have been an utter nuisance to the people sitting behind me (if I were to be able to get away with carrying such system into the arena to begin with). And of course, to deal with twice as much weight... hand held.

Idealism and reality often differ.

For that matter, do you think zoom lenses are more versatile than prime lenses?

Overall, yes, although a strong argument can be made for prime lenses being versatile as well. The most versatile solution is to come equipped with both.

For someone claiming a strong grasp of English language, you sure know how to make convoluted statements. So, let us look into this versatile solution where a prime lens is also a zoom lens.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
jeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow