Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
PLSrnr
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens for Museum(s)
In reply to 1drey, Apr 3, 2013

Thanks 1drey!

You are absolutely correct!

I have a similar shot from the Louvre (in fact I have a video!) Seeing the Mona Lisa in person was one of the great disappointments in my life! On the other hand, "The David" was sublime- lots of room, world class display, respectful viewers (and if I remember correctly, no cameras at the Accadamia!)

When we were at Versailles in 2011 there was an Anime exhibit on display on the grounds and in various parts of the Palace (Hall of Mirrors for one, and MA's bedroom for another!) Some of the expressions on the faces of the crowd were priceless (I'm very sure mine were!)

One reason for the XE-1 over the X100S is, in fact, the flexibility to zoom, shoot video (I know, it is bad on this particular camera) and have a variety of options for shooting displays and more importantly, reactions to displays!

Thanks for the reminder!

PLSrnr's gear list:PLSrnr's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 450D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow