A few words on Equivalence and comparing systems

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,704Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps the real question should be.....
In reply to jalywol, Apr 3, 2013

jalywol wrote:

I frequently feel that this particular argument is perpetuated by non-M43 users who are trying to prove how INCOMPETENT M43 is to make themselves feel better about their own DSLR choices.  I often wonder what cameras the loudest equivalence complainers have....are they really FF users, or are they APS-C users trying to justify the small gains in DOF of their APS-C models over M43?  Perhaps the answer to these arguments should simply be: Why not try out the M43 cameras and lenses and see if they work for you?  No point in getting into this fray again and again.....

I suppose we all have our own frames of reference.

I see a lot of posts to the effect that m43 is better than FF because, for example, a m43 35-100/2.8 is much smaller, lighter and less expensive than a FF 70-200/2.8 lens.

The OP in this thread certainly doesn't fit your description of equivalence posters in the quoted paragraph

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow