Use Nikon + Metz flashguns off camera with E-M5? What do I need?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,661Gear list
Like?
Re: Use Nikon + Metz flashguns off camera with E-M5? What do I need?
In reply to rtf, Apr 3, 2013

rtf wrote:

Hi everyone, just moved over to an E-M5 for primarily health reasons. I realise that there does not yet appear to be anyone selling radio triggers that will sync to the E-MD's 1/4000th sec shutter speed, so what I want to do is rather than sell my Nikon SB900, + 2 Metz 58AF-1's, I would like to be able to use them off camera with the E-M5. I realise that I'd be using them on manual, that's not a problem. Anyone know where I can get universal radio triggers/receivers that will allow me to do this. Anyone doing this?

I'm in the UK.

Thanks

RTF

Any number of 'dumb' triggers should be able to do this. They operate in a simple principle - they send a signal to the center pin of the flash. The center pin is the universal pin, telling the flash, any flash, to fire. The flash will then fire using the flash's current or default settings. TTL and other functions are handled by the other, non-universal pins.

I'm using NPT-04 triggers to fire a variety of flashes, including Minolta, Sunpak, Vivitar, and Neewer.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow