Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm better than sony?
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 3, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

KennyXL wrote:

pevece wrote:

KennyXL wrote:

As for the argument that the NEX series is all about a smaller footprint and a fixed-aperture standard zoom would be too big?  Please...the 18-200mm is huge.  It is much bigger than my Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 Nikon-mount lens.  They seem to have zero philosophical problems with pushing out endless iterations of that focal range in a large body lens.

just look at the 18-200mm powerzoom !

That's not a fixed-aperture lens.  It is a 3.5-6.3 zoom lens which is considered quite slow (in the aperture sense).  Fast is usually considered to be f2.8 and wider (1.8, 1.4, 1.2, etc., etc.,...).

Fuji doesn't have a fixed aperture zoom either, or does it? Sony has one fixed aperture zoom (10-18 f/4 OSS) which is small and light. Fuji has one planned. But AFAIK, they have offered only one zoom so far, with variable aperture f/2.8-4.

I'm not implying that Fuji has one.  Fuji may or may not have a fixed-aperture standard zoom; I just haven't looked to find out since Fuji's not really on the horizon for me.  I can state definitively, at this time, Sony does not have one native to the NEX line and, as far as I know, will not be offering one in the near future (meaning this calendar year).  I haven't heard any credible rumor to the contrary, but would love it if someone can point out a link to me stating otherwise since waiting for one is becoming tiresome.

KennyXL's gear list:KennyXL's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow