Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,554Gear list
Like?
Re: "nothing wrong"
In reply to Wyville, Apr 3, 2013

Wyville wrote:

SHood wrote:

If the rumors of a higher MP 7DII are correct then a higher quality lens will be required to achieve the resolution output from these sensors.

Even if that is true, it doesn't mean that people will be lining up for a $3k 100-400L. The old one won't perform any worse on a 24MP APS-C body. Maybe (but I don't know if that is true, or just a popular myth) it won't get the maximum performance out of the sensor. But if I wanted the maximum performance out of my 7D, I would be buying the mkII tele primes.

don't mention the type II tele lenses here - you might get serious bashing for that

Sure - the type II tele lenses are a good deal better then any current zoom and probably ever will BUT in terms of convenience and weight they are of course different and the 100-400 would surely be a f/5.6 end aperture design (being in reality t/6.x)

And as such it would be lighter and more affordable. I am sure it would take several months until it is in regular supply anyhow - even with a moderate demand - the price is for some people no trigger point - it is the quality of the lens - a superb 100-400 would find it's market - no doubt.

And even 7D owners would benefit without purchasing a new 7D II body

I guess the 7D, 5D, 5D II and 5D III and 6D owners would be a huge crow of potential buyers - as said many times before - Canon has a lot of tele zooms but only two meet my personal expectations and also 70-200 f/2.8 II owners might be tempted to get a travel zoom on the same optical quality but most of them would never buy a II tele - 3 k USD dosen't sound that crazy with the Nikon offering in parallel

of course IMHO

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow