Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
zenpmd
Contributing MemberPosts: 765Gear list
Like?
Re: I depends on which camera you use.
In reply to PC Wheeler, Apr 3, 2013

So it is 90 percent certain that the Olympus will be 12-40? If so, that is a huge advantage for me, since 40, by being a 35mm equivilent of 80 is just about ok for faces, whereas 70mm on the Panasonic is inadequate.

I agree the zooms aren't bad value when you consider the cost of primes - but to me, thats more an indicator of how expensive the primes are rather than how cheap the zoom is (though I appreciate that is an academic distinction.

But is crazy how, say, Nikon and Canon have both 35mm and 50mm dslr options which are both great and cheap.

My personal complication is that I will continue to use a GH2 alongside by Oly for video - but only really for indoor shooting where the Oly gives me flickers in Europe - and therefore most likely using a tripod so stabilisation is less of an issue.

zenpmd's gear list:zenpmd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow