What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 19,064Gear list
Like?
Re: See this review..
In reply to olliess, Apr 3, 2013

olliess wrote:

Anders W wrote:

olliess wrote:

I was asking about that exact post. You state that the system only shifts the sensor in rotation about the horizontal axis (which I take to be the optical axis). So does this system compensate pitch and yaw only using vertical/horizontal translation?

Pitch and yaw are corrected by shifting the sensor up-down and left-right. All in-body IS systems do this and work like that.

Thanks. I understood previous in-body systems to work this way, but I had wondered (from the name?) if the Olympus system actually corrected for multiple rotation axes. It seems not.

Don't know quite what "multiple rotation axes" might refer to in this context. But the only kind of camera-shake that the E-M5 IBIS does not correct for, as far as I can see, is movement to and fro the subject, i.e., a third type of shift besides vertical and horizontal (the other three, pitch -- yaw, and roll -- are angular movements). Such a correction would be the sixth axis that is still missing. But I doubt that anyone will get that done in the near future. It seems kind of difficult.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow