Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,193Gear list
Like?
Re: Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)
In reply to zenpmd, Apr 3, 2013

zenpmd wrote:

Buying them together is just such a lot of money. But imaging the possiblities of the two together is just mind blowing for the size and quality.

What is everyone elses thoughts, and who is waiting for Olympus are about to offer? As far as I know there is no plan for a zoom like the 35-100 2.8, just the shorter zoom, which is sadly not as wide as the Panasonic but might be smaller (due to the lack of IS) and hopefully won't have the CA that it suffers from on the Oly.

Yours thoughts most welcome!

Yes for me a constant f2.8 is worth it.  I am waiting to see what Olympus is going to come up with.  The patent has at least a 12-40 f2.8 and a 12-40 f2.8-4.0 versions of what might be the upcoming lens.

Anyhow, for me lkast year was the year for primes.  I got all the fast primes (12/2.0, 17/1.8, 25/1.4, 45/1.8, 60/2.8 and the 75/1.8) and spent way over my annual photo gear budget.  This year I have budgeted for the 12-35/2.8 and the 35-100/2.8.  Since it is now kind of near if the rumor is true for for the wide-normal fast zoom, plus I am enjoying the fast primes I am waiting to see what Olympus is going to announce.  I really expect a companion lens to the rumor lens.  So my guess is a 12-40 like the patent is for and wilkl be released in May or June.  Then a companion lens that might be a 40-125/150 to be released in the fall.  There was a runor for such a lens back in December so it just might come to be, but it will be a while. Both hopefully being straight f2.8.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow