Just added a Pentax Q....

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,826Gear list
Like?
Re: Just added a Pentax Q....
In reply to Raist3d, Apr 3, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

Remember to update the firmware to V1.11. The AF is very fast now. (also update the lens firmware).

Also the Q10 really doesn't have virtually any advantages over the Q. The AF speeds have been brought to parity with the firmware upgrades, and both have the same feature set pretty much.  The sensor of the Q10 is supposed to be newer but the firmware upgrades on the Q seem to put ballpark about same image quality- which is very close anyway.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

I think the firmware update has been temporarily put on hold - though I haven't received the camera yet, I've noticed that it's (the firmware update) been removed from the update site.

I think the "rolling shutter" issue might be somewhat resolved with the Q10 but with the mechanical shutter in the Pentax Q to K adapter perhaps that won't be an issue with the Q.

I'm looking forward to trying it and hopefully will be able to find a decent used DA 55-300. The Q to K adapter is going to cost me more than the Q body - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow