D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,688Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem
In reply to RudyPohl, Apr 3, 2013

Another new thread!  I cannot sleep on your D7100 blogs.  My issue with this and, now the entire set of blogs, is your overall approach to purchasing and testing a camera during a trial period.  If you are so leery of the untested but suspected flaws of a camera, it is best to sit on the sidelines and let others more expert than you or I (i.e., RHPetrus) run the camera through a series of tests.  So far, you have announced that the sky is falling a few times.  I think, because of the pressure you feel to evaluate the camera so intensely in 15 days and your own lack of expertise in doing so, you are making this experience a lot more fun for us than it is for you.

I would not use a trial period to test suspected idiosyncrasies.  As I said in an earlier thread, I would use the trial period to see if the camera actually works as designed.  I would do research before buying to see if I liked the design.  A green color cast seen in many images and reported by respected members would make me think twice about the purchase.  I would not buy it knowing it has this issue and try to come up with my own solution on the fly . . . in a day or two.  The only way I think to evaluate a camera as deeply as you wish is to take the time period away, buy the thing for good, and give yourself time to adapt to it.  Otherwise, every time you get a hiccup, you are going to run to the hospital.

On the other hand, your approach is really attracting some wonderful feedback from many helpful and gifted members.  So, there's that.

Does the camera work as designed?  If so, retrieve that camera before you lose it to someone more forgiving.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow