Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Apsphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: Can we have focus peaking now Fuji?
In reply to TThorne, Apr 3, 2013

TThorne wrote:

JasperD wrote:

+1 on everything, however if only having a choice between several, I´d rather have functional exposure compensation with AutoISO under M! That´s truly a bad miss in IMO. I´d bet you expected that... 

You mean functional EC dial in M mode vs minimum shutter in auto ISO? I'd be happy with that also. I feel like the benefits of both options intersect, and also have their own individual pluses. Both would be super professional of Fuji, but one or the other would really be a step in the right direction.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

I hear you and I understand why you want the EC in manual and it is something that I think would be useful. However from a strictly engineering view point I bet that they see it as useless, because you are already in manual mode, just change the settings. That is the purpose of manual to set the exposure via aperture and shutter and ISO. So to have it automatically bias the exposure probably makes them ask why? Of course we know why, but I am guessing that is what they are thinking. Who knows and I doubt we will ever know....

Alan

-- hide signature --

Alan Smallbone
Orange county, CA

Apsphoto's gear list:Apsphoto's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow