Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
apaflo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,854
Re:oneAnt
In reply to fad, Apr 3, 2013

fad wrote:

apaflo wrote:

Lets all work towards making this entire forum a "safe place and one of the nicest" for everyone, not just for those who are the perferred passengers.

Every ship has its "preferred passengers," I suppose.   Here it would be those that at least some people are happy to see posting.

It is, however, not an exclusive club.   I was welcomed in on the very first day, it seemed.

Here is a first go at the rules for being preferred by other forum members:

1.   Show love for street photography.  This can't be faked.

That is not and cannot be made a requirement for posting in this forum.

2.   Post good pictures.  (Now this can take years to master.)   More importantly, show that you are trying to make better pictures.   The two best artists here are the most open to my unsparing criticism, even though they may agree only a small percentage of the time.   It is that openness, and detachment, that makes them good artists.

3.  Be generous in sharing useful information (and avoid sharing bad information.)

4.  Be respectful of members, even in heated disagreement.

That is in fact a requirement in this forum.  See Rule #5.

5.  Try to avoid downers, such as dishonesty, flame-baiting, puffing oneself up at the expense of others, and disgruntled jealousy.  People "prefer" not to have to encounter that kind of thing.

Most of that is in fact a requirement in this forum.  See Rule #5.

In my experience, only a few weeks of following these "rules" can make anyone a "preferred member."

You cannot enforce your set of rules on other members via activities that do not meet with the requirements of Rule #5.

Discussion of rules other than those set by the DPReview Administration are off topic.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow