Like?
Very true
In reply to fotolopithecus, Apr 3, 2013

fotolopithecus wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

My wife Marny for the past 41 years.... (..don't know how she put up with me that long!)

I don't use a high end monitor, but it is recently calibrated using xrite, and I do see an overall slight green tint. I'm wondering if the difference people are seeing could be due to the type of display they're using. In other words lcd vs led etc?

Is your browser and monitor set up to properly display  AdobeRGB?

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

No mako, its a calibrated cheapie monitor, but of course that's what the great unwashed have in the main.

Me too my friend...but I do profile for my printer and sRGB. This pic though is not in sRGB so is not being displayed accurately on our monitors perhaps. May not be the whole issue but something to consider.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

If memory serves, and sometimes it doesn't, I'm not sure if flickr is capable of anything but sRGB.

Exactly true (if I understand) and part of the source of OP's issue I think...given his current workflow.

It's amazing how quickly I forget stuff. About two years ago I bought a proper monitor, and wound up sending it back when I realized everyone using the older non led monitors were seeing things entirely differently from me even involving the exposure. In fact given the vagaries of monitors it's a wonder we can agree on anything we look at.

There is so much truth in that.  The biggest part of the skin tone controversy I think as well.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow