Fujifilm better than sony?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 14,113
Like?
Re: Fujifilm better than sony?
In reply to thenewcameraguy, Apr 3, 2013

thenewcameraguy wrote:

Do you guys think Fuji X-E1 competes with nex 7 and it's better?

It definitely competes.  Better is subjective.  Better to whom ?  For what ?

I know Fuji is expensive than both nex so does that makes it better?

Are you seriously asking if higher price means something is better ?

And the sales guy also told me sony has 5 lenses and they won't release more lens after Thier full frame nex. Is that True?

There's no harm in asking questions, but if you're shopping for a new camera, you really ought to do a little basic research.  Go to Sony's website and see the lineup.  Go to reviews of each camera and find out some of the pros & cons yourself.

If the sales guy statements are true

That's like saying "If the political candidates statements are true ..."

Quick thoughts:

Check out the lens lineups.  NEX has more lenses now and due to the nature of the system (more consumer-oriented, higher volume) likely always will have more lenses.  Next, consider *what* lenses you'd want.  More lenses doesn't really matter if you're not going to buy 10 lenses.  The *right* lenses is much more important, and personally, I like Fuji's lineup a heck of a lot better than Sony's, despite having fewer lenses.

Consider image stabilization.  Fuji has it in zooms; Sony has it in a couple of fast primes, too.

Consider size.  NEX cameras are smaller.  NEX makes a couple more compact lenses.  Fuji has faster primes, which are going to be bigger regardless, and most NEX lenses are not especially compact.

Ergonomics - a world of difference.  And neither is "better" than the other; personal preference comes into play.

Features.  Look at what they offer, see what you want, from software features like focus peaking, HDR and panoramics to hardware features like tilting LCD screen. If you're interested in video, compare the video features.

Price.  IMO, NEX offers more for your money, but I still would not hesitate to buy Fuji if that was the system I wanted.  Still, it's worth pricing up competing kits and seeing which makes more sense.

jpeg or raw ?  Fuji produces the best jpegs in the business.  If you're a raw shooter, it probably produces the most frustrating raw files in the business, because nobody's software handles them very well (better, with recent improvements, but I'd hesitate to buy a Fuji at this point in time because I shoot everything raw and process with Lightroom).

- Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow