D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
atrhys
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem
In reply to RudyPohl, Apr 3, 2013

Although all of your answers are already in this thread, I though I would throw my 2 cents in as some food for thought.

In one of my college drawing classes we had an assignment to make a colored pencil self portrait from looking in the mirror. The teacher had said "...be very careful not to jump straight to the skin tone colors because thats not entirely the true color of the skin. You will see greens, blues, oranges, and almost every color in the rainbow in the skin (especially in the shadows), but your brain filters those colors and mixes them all together so all you see is skin tones. You have to draw what you see, and not what your brain wants you to see." (this is paraphrased and probably terribly mis-quoted, but the essence is there).

As rhlpetrus has said, try looking at the photos next to the actual scene very carefully. You might be surprised that there are colors there you've never noticed before.

atrhys's gear list:atrhys's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow