For beginner DSLR users.....why the kit lenses are more than good enough for you

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,495Gear list
Like?
Re: For beginner DSLR users.....why the kit lenses are more than good enough for you
In reply to Sovern, Apr 3, 2013

Sovern wrote:

No offense but I am a working photographer. I have two shoots lined up for the weekend and have future clients lined up a long with past events shot that I got paid for.

Also, I'm not understanding the whole grammar argument as I spell checked it twice and the sentence structure seems good enough to me or else you and others would not be able to discuss what I talked about in my blog.

I don't know where you got this "you bought a rebel" nonsense from which is untrue as I shoot with a 40D and she's my assistant.

I really don't have much work to do when it comes to "inspiring people" to hire me as like I said I have a bunch of paid work lined up....I just think you're jealous ;).

-- hide signature --

The photographer makes the gear, not the other way around.

As you now see, you've made some corrections to the mess you started with. Good. That's a start.

And you didn't start with a Rebel. Ok, my mistake. You started with a used and very old Canon 40D crop model. It's still pretty far from something a professional working photographer might be equipped with even when it was brand new. I'm not saying it's a bad camera, just that it is a bit old and not up to modern standards.

And yes, I'm terribly jealous as I only have one major client. I'm fortunate enough that this one client takes up 40-50 hours a week of my time though and pays rather well along with good benefits. 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow