Started Apr 2, 2013 | Questions thread
slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,656Gear list
Like?
Re: Broken screen on OMD
In reply to marike6, Apr 3, 2013

marike6 wrote:

slimandy wrote:

I got my OMD out of the cupboard yesterday and I thought it had some crud on the screen which I tried to wipe off. I then realised the screen has been broken somehow. It looks like impact damage and there is a split right across the screen. I have not dropped it or banged it and I can't understand how it is broken.

Sorry to hear about your camera.  I can't imagine how it got cracked in the cupboard, but I'd suggest in the future you store your camera in a well padded camera bag.  I'm always surprised to read how many people on DPR store their gear on a shelf or in a closet.  Having a camera on a shelf collecting dust or potentially being accidentally knocked by family members makes a shelf  about the worst place to store it.  Better to keep your gear well covered and protected in a camera bag.

But if Olympus is aware to an LCD defect then hopefully they won't charge you.  Best of luck.

Cheers, Markus

That's the way I've done it for about 30 years so far! I don't have a bag big enough for all my gear. I own 8 cameras and over 20 lenses. None have broken in the cupboard before. Placing it in a cupboard should not be an issue!

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow