Canceled my order for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Canceled my order for the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II
In reply to Roderic, Apr 3, 2013

Roderic wrote:

Got mine yesterday and am well pleased. The IQ seems similar to my 14-150.  Pushed up ISO to 800 which is nothing for the EM5 I managed to get a reasonable shot at 1/5th sec, yes that's right 1/5th sec.  Ok the image was doing the tango in the viewfinder but the magic stabiliser sorted it.

Amazing! I'll actually have to try this. Well, not at 1/5s. We'll see tomorrow.

I think though that a tripod or even a monopod is the way to go to get really sharp results.

I have not had success with a monopod carrying such a light load. Not enough inertia for me to keep the load from rocking back and forth. Whom you see using monopods are sports' photographers with huge zoom lenses. But maybe they work for you. I started with a monopod when I first switched to MFT. I was better at getting sharp pictures (with my 14-45mm Panny) hand-holding against my face than using a monopod. After a month of failures, it's been confined to storage.

Highly recommend.

Yes, indeed. Tomorrow I'm off to an arboretum for some aesthetic work: many beautiful flowering trees in bloom, especially spectacular are the magnolias coming out now in Portland, OR.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow