texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,531Gear list
Like?
Re: A few words on Equivalence and comparing systems
In reply to Alumna Gorp, Apr 3, 2013

Alumna Gorp wrote:

alabaster wrote:

Alumna Gorp wrote:

But calling a 2.8 a 5.6 or what ever is being a bit over the top and makes no senses at all.

I'm always amazed whenever I come back to DPR (I've been here on and off for over a decade) how the world breaks down into two types of people - those who understand science and logic, and those who believe that the enlightenment never happened - that we are all still in the clutches of the sages.

Everything Great Bustard says is based on hard fact, and can be demonstrated quite clearly in photographic and artistic output. Whether or not you need to know these things to produce artistic output is arguable, but these principles will be evident in your work regardless. A knowledge of them may help you.

Alumna Gorp, your rejection of reason is not new in the world, but it is never the way forward.

-- hide signature --

I`m not rejecting reason at all, simply just bypassing it, its simply pointless random information that I can get by without.

Except that you're not bypassing it, at all. If it doesn't interest you, please do those of us who don't wish to bypass reason a favor and actually bypass discussions of a technical nature. If it doesn't matter to you, show us how much it doesn't matter by simply moving along without adding unhelpful comments that may confuse others who are learning and to whom it may matter.

Otherwise, you're just adding to the meaningless noise, and as a digital photographer, I'm sure you understand that noise is undesirable.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow